Buy Pure Organic Castor Oil
Our 100% Pure Organic Castor Oil is cold pressed, Hexane-free, pharmacy sourced and certified. We supply direct to the public and offer UK next day delivery.
You can buy castor oil directly using our secure website or call FREE on 0800 270 7557 to place your order.
What is Castor Oil?
Castor Oil is a vegetable oil extracted from the seed of the castor plant Ricinus communis. Castor oil is colourless or very light yellow in colour and is either mild or odourless in taste and smell. Ninety percent (90%) of it’s fatty acid chains are ricinoleic acid – an unsaturated omega-9 fatty acid which is well known medically for it’s “remarkable analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects“
This makes it an effective organic pain reliever that also reduces inflammation.
What is Castor Oil used for?
Castor oil is categorised by the United States Food and Drug Administration (with field offices and laboratories worldwide including the United Kingdom) as “recognised as safe and effective” for over-the-counter use as:
- Castor Oil for Hair: A Treatment for hair breakage and encouraging hair growth – Regular usage of castor oil has been reported to increase hair growth, reduce or prevent hair damage and breakage, treat dry hair conditions and condition and moisturise the hair and scalp. The oil can be used to prevent hair frizz and/or split ends.
- A remedy for skin disorders or skin problems such as Acne and Psoriasis – castor oil penetrates deep into the skin and due to it’s low molecular mass, anti-inflammatory and moisturising abilities it aids in treating the symptoms of skin conditions.
- An ingredient for skin conditioning in products such as lip balm, lipstick and shampoo for it’s moisturising properties.
- An anti-inflammatory and pain reliever for Arthritis, muscular pain and certain medical procedures (research studies find it more effective at relieving pain than ultrasound gel in some procedures).
- A laxative for constipation – castor oil is a stimulant and lubricating laxative which works by causing contractions in the small intestine when ingested orally (Our Organic Castor Oil is safe for ingestion).
In folk medicine, pre-dating Government regulation and legislation – castor oil has been and remains a popular solution for:
- Treating Burns, Sunburns, Cuts and Abrasions – it’s pain relieving and anti-inflammatory properties reduce redness, swelling and inflammation.
- Inducing labour – occasionally recommended by midwives, castor oil induces labour in pregnant women. Scientific research shows that Ricinoleic acid, the fatty acid that makes up ~90% of the oil, binds to one particular receptor in the uterus causing contractions which “induces labor in pregnant females“. See our article – Castor oil to induce labour.
- Removing Styes in the eyes – pouring a small amount into the eye and allowing it to circulate around the inside of the eyelid is said to draw the stye out of the eye (however, we recommend to avoid eye contact with castor oil).
- Promoting eyelash growth within Ayurvedic medicine – a Hindu system of traditional medicine that is native to India.
- Encouraging Eyebrow growth – It’s no secret that beauty industry professionals prefer castor oil for hair growth. Click and discover how the experts use castor oil for eyebrows in our recent article.
- Castor oil is also used as a rub or pack for the following ailments (achieved by soaking a piece of flannel in castor oil then placing it on the area of complaint accompanied by a heat source such as a hot water bottle);
- Abdominal complaints,
- muscle pains,
- inflammatory conditions,
- skin eruptions,
See our article for even more castor oil uses.
Buy Pure Organic Castor Oil Now
To prolong the lifespan of your oil it comes in a sealed glass amber bottle which protects it from UV sunlight, heat and oxidisation which means it will last a full 18 months from the date of opening.
Ingredients: Organic castor seed oil (Ricinus communis).
Order now for next day delivery within the UK.
Next Day UK Delivery
Just click “Add to Cart” now below to get your Castor Oil and you will receive your bottle within 2 working days by first class post, usually next day if order is placed before 3pm (UK delivery) and costs £3.40
Shipping worldwide via Royal Mail Airmail service usually arrives within 3 days to western Europe, 4 days to eastern Europe and 5 working days for the rest of the world following the day of posting and costs just £7.99 ($11.95 USD).
(Simply increase your quantity amount at checkout & click “update cart”)
Purchase securely through our secure server using Debit, Credit card or Paypal. Remember you can still purchase your Castor Oil even if you don’t have a PayPal account.
- Vieira C, Evangelista S, Cirillo R, Lippi A, Maggi CA, Manzini S. (2000). Effect of ricinoleic acid in acute and subchronic experimental models of inflammation. Available: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1781768/. Last Accessed 26th January 2020.
- Tunaru S, Althoff TF, Nüsing RM, Diener M, Offermanns S. (2012). Castor oil induces laxation and uterus contraction via ricinoleic acid activating prostaglandin EP3 receptors. Available: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22615395. Last Accessed 26th January 2020.